Governor's Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund for Credit Students
This fund was created to facilitate workforce education opportunities during the COVID-19 global health pandemic. Students must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. The following credit programs are eligible: Event Management- Hospitality Management Certificate, Certified Bookkeeping Certificate, Cyber Forensics Technology Certificate or Emergency Medical Technician I (EMSP-106) and Emergency Medical Technician II (EMSP-107). Additional information can be found on the website https://www.howardcc.edu/admissions-aid/pay-for-college/financial-aid/geer-fund.html.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please state the GEER Grant Fund eligible program, or course, you are interested in pursuing and describe how your were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic through loss of employment.
- Please provide the course information for each course that you want to register. Include the index, course name and number and the term.
For example: Index# 9783 N080 Business Ethics Fall 2021
- Have you ever received non-credit financial aid from Howard Community College?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident?
- Please provide the best contact number to reach you.
- Income based funding opportunities may by available for books, transportation and childcare. Please indicate if you would like to have funding considerations by checking below:
- I certify that the information provided is true and correct. I give Howard Community College permission to release my name, address and telephone number to the HCC Education Foundation, Inc. I certify that I am not eligible or receiving financial assistance from my employer or any other source (for example: senior or SSI disability waiver). I understand that I must attend all classes in order to keep my financial aid. If I miss a class, I must pay all of the tuition and fees for the class or classes in which I have enrolled. HCC may bill me for the amount I owe.
- Following the completion of your workforce certification, an exit survey will be provided to you to gauge program satisfaction and career outcomes. By checking below, you acknowledge that participation in this survey is not required, but critical for the continued success of GEER funding. Please plan to complete the exit survey upon the completion of your course(s).
- Show 3 more